Capital KIDS Occupational Therapy Hosts 'Write Beginnings' Parent and Teacher Workshop Training:
Building Blocks of Handwriting Workshop
What Will You Learn?
- The foundational “Building Blocks” that are crucial for handwriting readiness.
- Developmental grasp patterns and how to choose the correct coloring/writing tool for your child or student
- How to better prepare young children for success with handwriting and in school.
- The best toys to purchase and how to create great fine motor toys out of recycled/cheap materials.
- Developmental “red flags” of which parents and teachers should be aware.
- How to easily fit a variety of fine motor activities into your daily life.
- Loads of activity ideas to facilitate the development of hand skills — that are inexpensive, fun, and easy to implement into both home and preschool settings
ABOUT WRITE BEGINNINGS:
Stephanie Roberts is a school-based Occupational Therapist with a passion for teaching and sharing her knowledge with parents and educators. During the school day, she helps children learn to maneuver their bodies in new ways over gross motor equipment and help others become more independent. She spends one-on-one time with children teaching them specific fine and gross motor activities that improve their hand skills, coordination, and stability. She modifies activities, provides adaptive seating, and introduces sensory tools to increase a child’s comfort and participation in school. She believes that play is central in a child’s development, so at the very heart of everything she does, she helps children develop individual skills through purposeful play. Like most parents and teachers, she too is juggling a lot, so she especially likes to share professional strategies that are easy, inexpensive, and fun for a parent or teacher to incorporate into their daily routines.